Poetic Interlude VI


I go into churches fiercely, with my invisible sword ready.
My God is not their god.
They say things that make you feel good - feel better - feel calm
I cannot hear them through the blood pounding in my head
And the light sparking through my eyes.
I go into churches angrily, with my hands clenched.
I refuse to feel their peace.
Peace comes to me by the river, when I am thinking of jumping
After I have told my mother that the bad thoughts have gone
And I have told my father that I don’t think I can keep going.
I go into churches loudly, with my feet hard against the floor.
God’s love is not translatable.
When I feel love, I feel it in my hands and the back of my neck
I feel fire in my cheeks and ice in my shoulders
I speak ‘Jesu Dulcis’ and hope it means more to Him than to me.

Comments

Popular Posts